Who can apply?
- you are doing your doctorate,
- you completed your Master's degree or Diplom, or in exceptional cases a Bachelor's degree, at the latest by the time the funding period begins, or
- you have already completed a PhD (postdoc).
What can be funded?
Duration of the funding
- Funding is provided for one month to a maximum of six months. Please indicate in your application how long you wish to receive funding. The funding period will then be determined during the selection process by a selection committee. The committee takes into account your work plan.
- The grant is non-renewable.
- Please note in your time planning that the funded stays should be completed by March 2025 at the latest.
- Depending on academic level, monthly payments of euros 1,300.- for doctoral candidates and postdocs
euros 934.- if you are not yet taking a doctoral degree
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover (see also our important information for scholarship applicants / section F, point 4)
- Travel allowance
- In the case of a disability or chronic illness: subsidy for additional costs which result from the disability or chronic illness and are not covered by other funding providers: Further information
- Green Mobility Top Up (Support for climate-friendly travel) or partial reimbursement of carbon offset payments for air travel
Central selection criteria are:
- a convincing and well-planned research or training project
- academic achievements
The selection committee also gives due consideration to equal opportunities; you can provide relevant information in the application form.
For more information on the selection procedure, go to Important Scholarship Information / Section E.