There are DAAD alumni all over the world. More than 160 clubs in 98 countries promote communication between former scholarship holders and help them to keep in touch with their host institutions and the DAAD.
Thanks to the former Director Christiane Schmeken of the regional office, and alumna Nadine Magaud, in 2013 the French Alumni Association DAAD Alumni France was founded. With more than 350 members – both German as well as French DAAD scholarship holders and alumni, as well as friends and partners of the DAAD – the Association enables lively exchanges across subject areas and generations.
Since its foundation, the Board of Directors of the Franco-German Alumni Association has been very active and organises various regular events with the support of the regional office in Paris:
- Annual study visits (2014: Toulouse, 2015: Aachen, 2016: Lyon and 2017: Leipzig)
- An annual one-day excursion in the Ile-de-France region
- Various specialist conferences, including on the topic of European research cooperation and the challenges facing our societies
- An informal Franco-German gathering, approximately every quarter
- Joint theatre, film, concert and exhibition visits related to German artists, Germany and/or the German language
- Sightseeing tours such as, a tour of the Assemblée Nationale, a research centre, etc.
- And much more
All members of the Alumni Association may of course contribute ideas for all kinds of potential events and even request funding for these from the DAAD.
You can find more information on funding here.
The homepage http://www.daad-alumni-france.org/ enables anyone interested to keep up-to-date with the Association’s activities, contact other members and upload ads, for example.
Would you like to become a Member of DAAD Alumni France? Then, click here.
Are you a former DAAD scholarship holder who would like to return to Germany for a one to three-month research visit? Twice a year, the DAAD invites applications for the “Re-invitation Programme for Former Scholarship Holders” grant.